A Fifth Grade Science Project may be one of the most fun school projects that a parent and child may do together. Here are a heap of actually good science project ideas that our family has done. The projects are easy to do, yet they meet the necessaries of most science fairs and most fifth grade teachers. Check out the ideas, and find out how to get step by step instructions at the end of this article.
These are investigative science projects, which implicate a science experiment:
o Does the shape of ice affect melting time? Use the same amount of water, place into dissimilar shaped containers and freeze. Then see how much time each piece of ice takes to melt.
o Which toilet tissue is most biodegradable? Take samples of dissimilar types of toilet tissue, and soak them until they fall apart. Run the samples through a strainer, and see which sample leaves the most paper undissolved.
o Which citrus fruit has the most Vitamin C? Make an indicator solution with iodine and starch (it’s EASY to do!), and test samples of citrus fruit or juice to see which one has the most vitamin C.
o Which brand cereal stays crunchy longest? Weigh dissimilar brands of the same cereal, soak in water, and then weigh again to see which one absorbed more water.
These are demonstration science projects – when your teacher wants you to demonstrate a scientific principle to the class.
o Demonstrate that yeast gives of gas. Place a yeast and sugar solution into a bottle, put a balloon on top, and watch the yeast give off gas so that the balloon blows up!
o Demonstrate how static electricity works. Make a ball of aluminum foil dance amid your finger and a pie plate. Watch this one on www.youtube.com/watch
o Demonstrate how chemical reactions may be sped up up. Put alka seltzer into a cup, and watch it fiz. Then do it again with crushed alka seltzer, another time with warm water, and yet another time with TWO alka seltzers.
We’ve done all of these science projects with our four boys, and they are fast, affordable, and easy to design on your own. We likewise provide illustrated, step by step instructions on these projects at our website! Whatever you do, remember, fifth grade science projects actually may be fun and a learning experience at the same time. So grab your slide rule and your test tubes, and get started on your project now!
Most helpful customer reviews
9 of 10 people found the following review helpful.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Similar Products @ Amazon
- Mlb Infant/toddler Boys’ San Francisco
- Mlb Boston Red Sox Authentic Batting
- Nba Logoman Crew Sock – White
- Ncaa Oregon State University Beavers
- Mlb Philadelphia Phillies Heritage Banner
- Nhl Men’s Pittsburgh Penguins Primary Logo
- San Antonio Spurs Black/grey Two Tone
- Mlb Los Angeles Dodgers Scarlet With White
- Nhl Franklin Sports Player Stick And Ball Set
- Nhl Extreme Color High Density Street
- 2010 Topps Attax Starter Deck
- San Francisco Giants Fiber Reactive
- Topps Mlb Baseball Cards 2010 New York
- Mlb Oakland Athletics Classic T-shirt
- New York Giants Apron
- New York Yankees Baby Girl 3 Piece Body
- Baseball Card Collector Box With Over 500
- Mlb Atlanta Braves Adult Short Sleeve
- Nba Dallas Mavericks 2011 World Champions
- Mlb New Era New York Yankees League Basic Cap
- Action Sports
- Bikes And Accessories
- Boating And Water Sports
- Equestrian Sports
- Exercise And Fitness
- Fan Shop
- Hunting And Fishing
- Leisure Sports And Games
- Other Sports
- Outdoor Recreation
- Paintball And Airsoft
- Racket Sports
- Snow Sports
- Sports And Outdoors Software