Here’s a few tips on skating posture, stride, and remainder that will make you a better skater, and a better player.
Good skating habits get started with good posture. Posture helps balance, and remainder gives rise to power.
* Keep your head up.
* You ought to be looking at the top of the boards, not the ice directly in front of you.
* Bend at your knees and ankles, not at the waist.
* Your shoulder, knee, and the ball of your foot ought to all be lined up vertically.
The most immediate skaters take the fewest number of strides over the same distance. Long, powerful strides are the key.
* At the beginning of each stride, reach your foot out as far out in front of you as possible. As your foot passes along side of you, turn your toe out to the side, and push hard! This gives you more blade surface on the ice to push against, and brings about more power.
* Keep the entire blade of your skate on the ice for the finish length of your stride. At the end of the stride, stretch your working leg out behind you as far as you can, then snap your toe for that extra push.
* A lot of beginner skaters are in a rush to begin the next stride, so they lift their foot off the ice too early. This short stride gives rise to a choppy skating style. Bringing your leg back up quickly will aid you skate faster, but only if you’re getting the most out of each stride.
* When you fetch your trailing leg back up after each stride, make sure it’s positioned directly underneath you. This gives you the remainder you need to put as much power as possible into the working leg.
The extra effort you put into bettering your skating will remunerate off more than any other percentage of your game. Work at it, and you will improve.
Similar Products @ Amazon
- Mlb Infant/toddler Boys’ San Francisco
- Mlb Boston Red Sox Authentic Batting
- Nba Logoman Crew Sock – White
- Ncaa Oregon State University Beavers
- Mlb Philadelphia Phillies Heritage Banner
- Nhl Men’s Pittsburgh Penguins Primary Logo
- San Antonio Spurs Black/grey Two Tone
- Mlb Los Angeles Dodgers Scarlet With White
- Nhl Franklin Sports Player Stick And Ball Set
- Nhl Extreme Color High Density Street
- 2010 Topps Attax Starter Deck
- San Francisco Giants Fiber Reactive
- Topps Mlb Baseball Cards 2010 New York
- Mlb Oakland Athletics Classic T-shirt
- New York Giants Apron
- New York Yankees Baby Girl 3 Piece Body
- Baseball Card Collector Box With Over 500
- Mlb Atlanta Braves Adult Short Sleeve
- Nba Dallas Mavericks 2011 World Champions
- Mlb New Era New York Yankees League Basic Cap
- Action Sports
- Bikes And Accessories
- Boating And Water Sports
- Equestrian Sports
- Exercise And Fitness
- Fan Shop
- Hunting And Fishing
- Leisure Sports And Games
- Other Sports
- Outdoor Recreation
- Paintball And Airsoft
- Racket Sports
- Snow Sports
- Sports And Outdoors Software