I don’t often succumb to buying exercise equipment, but when I first saw a video on YouTube about the TRX Suspension Trainer I just knew this one was for me.
I did my research and then promptly ordered. Four days later I had my TRX in my hands.
So it’s been about 8 months since I’ve got it and I decided to write a TRX Suspension Trainer Review to perhaps help anyone who’s currently thinking of getting one and may need some help deciding.
The TRX is a piece of exercise equipment developed by the guys at Fitness Anywhere. It’s been developed so it’s compact, it’s sturdy and multi-functional. And it IS all that. And more…
It is very well made. Plus you can do over 300 exercise and exercise combination on it.
For me it is the best exercise equipment I’ve ever bought, because it provides so much variety to my workouts. I do 4-5 workouts a week – every week. And have done so for over 15 years. So I need variety or I get demotivated.
But with the TRX Suspension Trainer I can vary the individual exercises and the entire workouts.
The TRX guys actually produce a lot of YouTube videos – so you’ll never be stuck for a “how to” on a certain exercise. Plus, you can get whole workouts from their website. Arguably at an extra cost – but as with all other exercise videos you can use them over and over – so the cost is ok.
The TRX Suspension Trainer comes in a few different packages. I bought the bottom of the range – the TRX Pro Pack. It comes with the door anchor, and with instructional video and a basic workout. For me this is enough, because I’ll use it at home (on the door frame:o) and I like to create my own workouts.
But for you it may be that you get the basic pack and just supplement it with an extra workout video from time to time.
If you have the desire and time – you can create your own workouts by going to YouTube and watching the TRX videos on offer there. It’s entirely up to you. The beauty of this equipment is that it is so versatile – you’ll never run out of variation.
The other neat feature is that it only weighs 2 lbs and packs quickly and neatly into its little pouch – so you can take it anywhere. You can take it on business trips. No worries if your hotel has no gym – all you need is a door frame. Or you can take it to the gym. You can use one of their ceiling anchors, or one of the sturdier machines.
If you want to read a much more comprehensive review before you make a decision – like who the TRX is for and who it isn’t for.
Most helpful customer reviews
93 of 93 people found the following review helpful.
38 of 38 people found the following review helpful.
1. The strap is very well made and worth the expense. Some commenters have said “you can run down to Home Depot and pick up X, Y and Z and build your own strap for $X.” Not really. The padded handles, quick adjustability and DVD instructions cannot be replicated using a home brew replacement. If your budget is strained and you’re a good handyman, a home built piece of equipment is OK (maybe make a couple straps of fixed length to get around the adjustability issue). But if you can find the cash flow for TRX, I’d go in that direction.
2. Not a big fan of the DVD. It’s OK, but not great. If you can get in-person instruction, I’d opt for that. I learned TRX at a YMCA group class. A good instructor monitors you and gives you continuous feedback on your technique and also some motivational commentary. I get the impression the difference between a good and bad TRX workout is whether you have good technique. Even though I have TRX at home now, I will still try to make the YMCA class once a week to keep my style in line.
3. I didn’t think through the door anchor before I purchased. You need workout floor space where the door opens AWAY from you. I have a large house and not one door had suitable workout space where the door opened away from you. The places where the door opened away were cramped spaces or had furniture in the way. I’m going to have to buy the wall anchor now, which I really prefer not to mount. Oh well.
27 of 27 people found the following review helpful.
Similar Products @ Amazon
- Mlb Infant/toddler Boys’ San Francisco
- Mlb Boston Red Sox Authentic Batting
- Nba Logoman Crew Sock – White
- Ncaa Oregon State University Beavers
- Mlb Philadelphia Phillies Heritage Banner
- Nhl Men’s Pittsburgh Penguins Primary Logo
- San Antonio Spurs Black/grey Two Tone
- Mlb Los Angeles Dodgers Scarlet With White
- Nhl Franklin Sports Player Stick And Ball Set
- Nhl Extreme Color High Density Street
- 2010 Topps Attax Starter Deck
- San Francisco Giants Fiber Reactive
- Topps Mlb Baseball Cards 2010 New York
- Mlb Oakland Athletics Classic T-shirt
- New York Giants Apron
- New York Yankees Baby Girl 3 Piece Body
- Baseball Card Collector Box With Over 500
- Mlb Atlanta Braves Adult Short Sleeve
- Nba Dallas Mavericks 2011 World Champions
- Mlb New Era New York Yankees League Basic Cap
- Action Sports
- Bikes And Accessories
- Boating And Water Sports
- Equestrian Sports
- Exercise And Fitness
- Fan Shop
- Hunting And Fishing
- Leisure Sports And Games
- Other Sports
- Outdoor Recreation
- Paintball And Airsoft
- Racket Sports
- Snow Sports
- Sports And Outdoors Software